Nearly every cafe visit would include a croissant with a latte pour moi. And I find the almond croissants are the hardest to resist. I whipped these up for a catch up with a friend recently and they took like 10 minutes! These are much more affordable than buying outside and simple to make!
You will need :
- pack of ready made croissants (I bought the pack of 4 from Coles supermarket)
- chocolate of any kind (I used two types)
- 70g soft unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup icing sugar and extra to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup of almond or hazelnut meal
How to :
- Preheat oven to around 180-200 degrees celcius.
- Slice the croissants in half and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the soft butter with icing sugar and almond or hazelnut meal together with a wooden spoon until well combined and smooth.
- Grab some chocolate and break into small pieces.
- Spread some of the nut butter mixture onto one half of each croissant, the cut side first.
- Then place as much chocolate as you fancy on top of the nut mixture on the croissant.
- Place the top half of the croissant back on top. Then spread some of the nut mixtire of the croissant tops. You have place some almond or hazelnuts on top of the mixture if you want, I didnt as I didnt have any.
- Bake in the oven for about 7-10 minutes until crunchy and golden!
- Wait about two minutes for them to cool a tad before sprinkling some icing sugar on top.
- Best eaten while warm!